A good friend of mine introduced me to this recipe, which you can do using gluten-free* oats.
Ingredients: (makes 6-9 mini pancakes) 2 mugs Oats, 1 egg, almond milk, salt*, 1 tsp baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
– Poor the 2 mugs of oats into a blender, add the egg, a pinch of salt (*unless you will be topping/eating them with something sweet) and some almond milk to make a paste
– Blend together and let sit
– Then add a little water or more almond milk to make a paste and the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
– Cut a frying-pan sized circle of baking paper, place in a frying pan
– Make small pancake sized heaps of the oat dough and ‘fry’ over the baking paper
– Serve with sweet or sour ingredients
*make sure any gluten-free products you use are organic. When gluten is removed, what is replaced is often of lower nutritional value, and the processes involved remove further nutrition from the finished product. Buy a certified organic product – it will satisfy higher food standards and not involve these harmful processes.